What will happen if a sales backgrounded manager leads a tech team?
Recently a story happens around me where a manager with sales background has failed to lead two tech teams within 4 years. He has emphasized more on something which may please the upper management team but anger the team members. The team members are pushed to do something which are not related to their daily work. So their performance is not so good and the two teams were dismissed and moved out of the products they were on. This leads to the questions : What will happen if a sales backgrounded manager leads tech teams? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
No answers available. You can post your answer below.
Sorry! You need to login first to post answer.
Sometimes plans are quite different from realities. This is true especially in IT induestries. Usually when a client starts to present their plan, they have a really great vision. However when comes to the budget, the client runs into difficult.
- ► What's your opinion about Alibaba mooncake incident?
- ► Should a CTO write code?
- ► What does it feel to have a programmer dad or mom?
- ► Should we be worried about the win of AlphaGo?
- ► Why doesn't IBM file legal brief in support of Apple?
- ► What are the big Internet events in 2015?
- ► Will Elon Musk get into drone business?
- ► What does your work cubicle look like?
- ► What are you most afraid of as a programmer?
- ► Is Apple dead in innovation?