SEARCH KEYWORD -- tmpfs
tmpfs is another confusing name in Linux kernel, its implementation is in mm/shmem.c, shmem has no relation to tmpfs at first glance although we know tmpfs is based on memory. We can understand why we use this name by seeing where this is used. In a desktop Linux system, tmpfs is loaded usually: % grep tmpfs /proc/mountsdevtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=1958956k,nr_inodes=489739,mode=755 0 0tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,seclab...
Pixenomics stores and transports 1.2 million pixels from the server to the client. During development we played with various methods to store and process this. Our ultimate goal was to send the entire board in under 1 second. During the stages of prototyping we used a MySQL database without thinking too much about performance. With a mere 2,000 pixels we quickly realised this wasn’t even usable as a demo. Changing the storage engine to memory was much better but still obviously unusable...
- Add E-Signatures: A New Way to Maximize Your SharePoint Investment
- Why is ASP.NET MVC so popular?
- 5 Core UI Elements in an Android App that Shouldn’t Be Missed
- Guide to Help Launch Your Startup Faster
- Fast tracking android app development with optimum delivery.
- The concept of Iterative Model in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- How IoT Apps can Benefit Today’s SMEs
- How to Create Unforgettable YouTube Bumper Ads?
- Who’s the winner: Python vs. Java, C/C++?
- Noteworthy Business Benefits of Fax Server Software