SEARCH KEYWORD -- tmpfs
tmpfs is another confusing name in Linux kernel, its implementation is in mm/shmem.c, shmem has no relation to tmpfs at first glance although we know tmpfs is based on memory. We can understand why we use this name by seeing where this is used. In a desktop Linux system, tmpfs is loaded usually: % grep tmpfs /proc/mountsdevtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=1958956k,nr_inodes=489739,mode=755 0 0tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,seclab...
Pixenomics stores and transports 1.2 million pixels from the server to the client. During development we played with various methods to store and process this. Our ultimate goal was to send the entire board in under 1 second. During the stages of prototyping we used a MySQL database without thinking too much about performance. With a mere 2,000 pixels we quickly realised this wasn’t even usable as a demo. Changing the storage engine to memory was much better but still obviously unusable...
- Must have Magento Plug-ins in 2018
- A plugin to update last_error in Delayed Job
- CPI and DPI – Similarity in Difference! Know Your Mouse Today
- 5 tips for selling your software company for maximum value
- How many users do abandon apps just after the single use?
- Top Five Hug Day Gifts That You Can Buy for Your Girlfriend
- Upcoming Product from Nokia: Nokia 2
- Japanese Used Cars-Top Six Myths about Buying One in Russia
- Marketing Your Start-up on a Budget