SEARCH KEYWORD -- tmpfs
tmpfs is another confusing name in Linux kernel, its implementation is in mm/shmem.c, shmem has no relation to tmpfs at first glance although we know tmpfs is based on memory. We can understand why we use this name by seeing where this is used. In a desktop Linux system, tmpfs is loaded usually: % grep tmpfs /proc/mountsdevtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=1958956k,nr_inodes=489739,mode=755 0 0tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,seclab...
Pixenomics stores and transports 1.2 million pixels from the server to the client. During development we played with various methods to store and process this. Our ultimate goal was to send the entire board in under 1 second. During the stages of prototyping we used a MySQL database without thinking too much about performance. With a mere 2,000 pixels we quickly realised this wasn’t even usable as a demo. Changing the storage engine to memory was much better but still obviously unusable...
- Unix directory hierarchy history
- Education apps for Android and iPhone
- Ruby net-scp cannot scp multiple files with asterisk(*)
- How to Customize Button in CRM Development
- Making a Right Career Choice- 5 Career Tips
- How To Stand Out In The Saturated App Market
- Magento Partnership with Adobe – An Affair to Remember
- Resolve stylesheet_link_tag fails to work in Ruby on Rails
- iOS & Android app development: What is the Difference?
- Mobile Website: The Road to Triumph