SEARCH KEYWORD -- tmpfs
tmpfs is another confusing name in Linux kernel, its implementation is in mm/shmem.c, shmem has no relation to tmpfs at first glance although we know tmpfs is based on memory. We can understand why we use this name by seeing where this is used. In a desktop Linux system, tmpfs is loaded usually: % grep tmpfs /proc/mountsdevtmpfs /dev devtmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=1958956k,nr_inodes=489739,mode=755 0 0tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,seclab...
Pixenomics stores and transports 1.2 million pixels from the server to the client. During development we played with various methods to store and process this. Our ultimate goal was to send the entire board in under 1 second. During the stages of prototyping we used a MySQL database without thinking too much about performance. With a mere 2,000 pixels we quickly realised this wasn’t even usable as a demo. Changing the storage engine to memory was much better but still obviously unusable...
- Combine Java Applications with Cloud for Ultimate Business Growth
- Image lazy loading plugins on Github
- Best Tips to Design a Killer Logo
- 6 Promising Ways by Which You Can Enhance the App Testing Process
- A Quick Guide To Lawyer
- Cloud Services which Grow Your Business Fast
- Node.js is pitted against PHP – Read why Node.js is better than PHP and why you should switch IMME
- 9 Effective B2B Marketing Trends in 2017 for Digital Marketers
- Top 5 Ways How Busy Entrepreneurs Can Double Productivity