SEARCH KEYWORD -- boycott
Even though it recanted (somewhat unconvincingly) its support of the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), domain registrar GoDaddy continues to lose thousands of domains as an online campaign to punish GoDaddy is proving highly effective. The boycott campaign began on reddit on December 22. A day later GoDaddy announced its withdrawal of support for the House legislation it actually helped craft. And still GoDaddy has lost more than 70,000 domains in less than a week, with the prospe...
SOMETIMES it takes but a single pebble to start an avalanche. On January 21st Timothy Gowers, a mathematician at Cambridge University, wrote a blog post outlining the reasons for his longstanding boycott of research journals published by Elsevier. This firm, which is based in the Netherlands, owns more than 2,000 journals, including such top-ranking titles as Cell and the Lancet. However Dr Gowers, who won the Fields medal, mathematics’s equivalent of a Nobel prize, in 1998, is n...
In past few days, there was some news about Baidu(China's Google) which put this search engine giant in China in a devastating position. The news is about that the owners of a Tieba(Similar to Google Group) were replaced by a sponsored organization without notifying the original owners. This irritated the original owners of the Tieba and also the public. People are complaining that Baidu is doing something ridiculous and evil. The name of the Tieba group which was sold by Ba...
- Which Is the Best Internet Service Provider for Business?
- Bored With Your Old Sharepoint Site, Time To Change Its Look!
- Why Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Exam Is So Popular?
- Why Organizations are investing in AI?
- What will the value of Integer.valueOf(127) == Integer.valueOf(127) be in Java?
- The Unbelievable Facts about Stadium Flood Lights!!
- Illuminate Your Sports Instinct with Lights
- Failure for spiritual growth
- LED- The use of latest technology
- Fixture of lights to View the Feast