SEARCH KEYWORD -- Punishment
Will AIs find humans interesting, enjoyable, and worthy of companionship? My guess: the smarter and more autonomous they become the more the answer will become NO. There are practical reasons for AIs to want to understand humans: The AIs will want to protect themselves from all threats, including human threads. The AIs will also want to get more resources (e.g. energy, raw materials for fabrication of additional computing power). The extent that humans control access to resources AIs will...
Even though it recanted (somewhat unconvincingly) its support of the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), domain registrar GoDaddy continues to lose thousands of domains as an online campaign to punish GoDaddy is proving highly effective. The boycott campaign began on reddit on December 22. A day later GoDaddy announced its withdrawal of support for the House legislation it actually helped craft. And still GoDaddy has lost more than 70,000 domains in less than a week, with the prospe...
My co-founder and I briefly considered applying to YCombinator for the Winter 2012 session. We eventually decided to bootstrap Curvio initially, and raise a seed round on our own after we launch (so far so good!). But looking over the YC application, one question intrigued me:Please tell us about the time you, tansey, most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.Now, there are a lot of ways to interpret this. A mechanical interpretation would be about...
- Add E-Signatures: A New Way to Maximize Your SharePoint Investment
- Why is ASP.NET MVC so popular?
- 5 Core UI Elements in an Android App that Shouldn’t Be Missed
- Guide to Help Launch Your Startup Faster
- Fast tracking android app development with optimum delivery.
- The concept of Iterative Model in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- How IoT Apps can Benefit Today’s SMEs
- How to Create Unforgettable YouTube Bumper Ads?
- Who’s the winner: Python vs. Java, C/C++?
- Noteworthy Business Benefits of Fax Server Software