What do programmers like to say usually?
Coding is an very important part of programmer's daily work. But beyond coding, programmers need to do other work as well, they need to fix bugs reported by users, they need to write documents for their codes. Also, they often need to answer questions from customers, bosses and colleagues. What do they often say when they are facing different sort of questions? Today we share some.
- This is hacky, but I'll fix it soon.
- This task will be easy.
- I'm almost done.
- If there's a bug, it can't possibly be in my code.
- I'll add the Unit Test case in the next release.
- I'll comment and document my code later.
- It's not a bug, it's a feature.
- I will finish it by evening it's almost done.
- Works on my machine -- That's not a lie, haha
- It's 90% done
- I'm deeply investigating requirements. Will start development soon.
- It's just a temporary solution, it won't be used in production. --Actually this is usually from production manager not programmers.
- I'll add it to the TODO list
- Are you using the correct version of java?
Have you wondered why programmers like saying these? Are they not willing to admit their errors? Are they lazy to fix their bugs? The reason why they are saying these may be that they are usually too confident, they cannot allow others to doubt their codes. Do you have any other opinion?
Never heard of that OBM now enters into retail industry. Is this an IBM's side project? LOL....