The first 30 tweets on Twitter
Six years ago, we didn't know what a tweet was. But now, there are 340 million tweets posted every day. Looking back, do you know what are the earliest tweets on Twitter when it was released? Let's check them out.
Before that, let's check Twitter's background first. Six years ago, Twitter was called twttr (similar to Flickr), the earliest version was similar to an SMS broadcast service, i.e sending short message to friends to tell them what I am doing.
It was put online on 22nd October, 2006, Jack Dorsey posted the first tweet: just setting up my twttr. It was posted by the system automatically.
Here are the first 30 tweets on Twitter.
- @jack just setting up my twttr
- @biz just setting up my twttr
- @noah just setting up my twttr
- @crystal just setting up my twttr
- @jeremy just setting up my twttr
- @tonystubblebine just setting up my twttr
- @Adam just setting up my twttr
- @ev just setting up my twttr
- @jack inviting coworkers
- @biz getting my odeo folks on this deal
- @dom just setting up my twttr
- @rabble just setting up my twttr
- @dom oooooooh
- @jeremy Oh shit, I just twittered a little.
- @jack waiting for dom to update more
- @timroberts just setting up my twttr
- @dom waiting for Jack to update more first
- @dom oh this is going to be addictive
- @timroberts Planning for Sprint #4
- @biz wishing I had another sammich
- @meredith just setting up my twttr
- @meredith typing my first message
- @dom following Mer
- @meredith I'll check back in later
- @biz having some flowery orange pekoe tea
- @timroberts setting up my mac mini
- @jack lunch
- @dom free lunch
- @biz feeling pains in my back
- @biz using twttr.com
In these tweets, we can find the founders of Tweet : Jack Dorsey(@jack), Evan Williams(@ev), Isaac Biz Stone(@biz) and some others.
In six years, Twitter has become a community with over 140 million active users from its initial 50 users. It comlpetes the transformation from a small toy of geeks to a real big thing.
Since last time we posted Don't call me Peter again, today we see that Peter is fired again.